If you’re an actor looking to get auditions and casting calls for film, television, commercials, soaps, hosting and so forth, then you need to get a legitimate, SAG-franchised talent agent.
If you know someone who has contacts with a strong talent agent and that person you know can call them and refer you, great! Have them do it. But in most cases you will need to contact the agents cold. How do you do that?
The most popular way to get an agent when you don’t “know someone” is to do a cover letter mailing to legitimate agents. But there are two major problems with that.
The first problem, if you’re like most actors, is that you may not be sure the best way to sell yourself in your cover letter. The second problem is that it’s hard to know who the right agents are for you and how to figure that out.
Smart Girls Productions can help you with both of these problems through our Smart Mailing to Talent Agents™. To see a video explaining it, go here. Here’s how it works:
- You place your order online or you call us and make your appointment to come in. You fill out a questionnaire on your background. Then we interview you about your credits, training, what roles you would be right for, what actors you’re the same type as, and so on.
- As you relax and look at headshots of our successful clients on our walls, we will draft a letter that will leave you impressed with how great you sound — just highlighting the facts about you that would be of most interest to the agents.
- Once we finish, you get a chance to review the letter and make any changes you want. You will most likely be very impressed with how good you sound when you are pitched in the right way! And we always stick with the truth. The key to making you sound great is to simply say things in just the right way. That’s what we know how to do.
- Once you approve the letter, then we strategize with you on what you want in an agent. Then using our proprietary SmartStudio™ software, we hand-pick the agents (or managers) that are best for you based on where you are in your career and what your goals are.
- Once we hand-pick your custom list of agents, we then print out each of your letters addressed to the individual agent (not just the agency). We also give you the address labels, return labels, and a listing of your agents for reference, along with the rating (A, B, C, D) we give that agency. And that completes the process.
99.5% of our actor clients smile and say something like, “Wow, I sound great!” when they see the letter written about them.
The whole process takes less than 2 hours from start to finish. At the end of that 2 hours, we show you exactly the BEST way to mail it out — with lots of important little tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the past 15+ years to give you your best chances of getting your envelopes opened.
To schedule your appointment to get your Talent Agent or Personal Manager Smart Mailing going, call us at (818) 907-6511 or go to our Talent Agent Mailing Page to place your order.