Screenwriters all over the world have the big dream of selling a screenplay and having it made into a Hollywood movie. Just because you are a screenwriter in Canada, Germany, Austria, Ireland, or Egypt does not mean that you can’t create opportunities for your screenplay to be read by Hollywood producers or literary agencies. There are some logistical issues to deal with and that is what this post is about.
Once you place your order for the Screenplay Query Letter Mailing Service from Smart Girls Productions, you will be on the path of taking that first step toward marketing your screenplay to legitimate Hollywood producers, literary agencies and literary managers – no matter where you live.
Feel free to read more information on how the Screenplay Query Letter Mailing Service to Hollywood Producers, Agents, and Managers works overall in terms of marketing your screenplay if you aren’t familiar with it.
To clarify your options in terms of the logistics of handling your query letters once the service has been completed. If you are within the U.S., it is very simple: We will use the U.S. Mail to send you a box filled with your Query Letters and envelopes or labels. Then you sign each letter, put it in an envelope, place a first class stamp on it, and send it out.
If you live out of the country there are a couple of other issues to address:
- First class postage is costly for anywhere from 100 to 500 query letters when you are sending them from out of the country.
- The postmark will clearly indicate that you are from out of the country and it may be a negative in the eyes of the film industry executive who figures it will be too much of a hassle to deal with a screenwriter who lives outside the U.S.
The whole plan in creating a query letter marketing campaign for your script is to remove as many obstacles as possible as it is enough of a challenge without this added one!
There are really three options for you about how we can then get them in the mail and delivered.
1. You can hire Smart Girls to do all of the work to actually sign them, stuff them, and mail them from Los Angeles with a first class stamp.
Quotes for this service are available upon request. It has two parts. There’s the cost of the stamp at around .44 to .48 cents. And the signing the letter, folding of one page, stuffing it, sealing and stamping runs somewhere around .50 cents each – but a quote will confirm the exact cost for your particular mailing.
2. You can have your box of materials shipped to you and you put them together and mail them from your country.
For this, you pay the shipping and handling to have the box sent to you and there are no other charges.
3. You can have your boxed of materials shipped to you and you put them together and then mail the completed box back to Smart Girls in Los Angeles to drop in the mail for you so that it looks like you are local.
For this you are also welcome to use Smart Girls’ local address as your return address. Many writers do this just to make sure that it is not an objection from the exec who gets the envelope. For this, you pay the shipping and handling to have the box sent to you and there are no other charges.
Additionally, when you are out of the country, or even if you are in the U.S. but want to appear to be local to Los Angeles, you can do such things as get a Google Phone Number in a Los Angeles area code. You can also work it out to get a personal mailbox in L.A. if you really want to go all out for the long-term.
The main point here is that whether you are a screenwriter in Los Angeles, Brussels, London, or Sydney, you can still pursue your screenwriting career. You simply need to work out the logistics and take it from there.
If you have questions or comments about this post, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you!